Can you really relieve your shin pain in just 15 minutes – and eliminate it completely overnight?
Believe it or not… the answer is YES. And you don’t have to bust open the medicine cabinet and get all jacked up on painkillers either…
In fact, all you need are the 2 powerful shin splints treatment techniques that you can use from the comfort of your own home, which I’m going to show to you in this article.
Warning: When using these pain-relief keep the ice on for as long as it is comfortable for YOU. There will be slight discomfort from the cold, but as soon as pain, numbness or excessive discomfort is experienced, remove the ice. Otherwise you can end up with ice burn, which is no fun at all!
Technique #1: Ice Massage
Regular icing is great technique for relieving pain. It doesn’t just numb the pain, it actually causes a rush of blood and nutrients into the area you’re icing AND flushes out enzymes that cause pain and inflammation in the injured area.
Ice massages are even better then regular icing because they force the cold deep into your muscles and bones which enhances circulation, flushes out the bodies inflammatory response and if you press a little harder, it also breaks up any scar tissue you may have.
Here’s How To Do It:
1. Buy some paper cups, fill them with water and put them in your freezer
2. Pull out a cup and tear off the top half inch or so.
3. Massage the exposed ice into the most painful areas of your shins… you’ll KNOW you’ve found the right spot when you’re on it… you’ll likely feel a sharp pain there.
4. For a minimum of 5 minutes, push the ice into the painful area and up and down your shins. Keep moving around, don’t let the ice sit in one spot too long.
Do this at least 3 times a day. Remember, if your skin gets numb from the cold it’s time to stop.
Technique #2: Ice Dipping
This is the most powerful icing technique I’ve found. I dare you, try this techniques today, you’ll see for yourself that this is by far the most powerful pain relief technique you’ve ever used…
Here’s how to do it:
1. Fill up your tub half full with water, add a bunch of frozen bottles of water or a big bag of ice to get the water ICE COLD.
2. Adjust the height of the water to your convenience then dip your lower leg into the ice water, submerge it all the way to your knees.
3. Hold it in there for 10 seconds, by then you should be desperate to pull your legs out otherwise the water isn’t cold enough…
4. Finally, dry off and walk around for a bit. Wait at least 5 minutes then repeat the process 3-5 times.
As powerful as these techniques are, they aren’t a stand alone cure.
Our bodies are VERY intelligent and they use pain as a desperate message telling you that something is WRONG inside… though getting rid of the pain is fantastic for temporary relief the only way to get LASTING relief, is to identify EXACTLY what’s causing your pain… and then to treat those causes directly.
I recommend you take a look at my Stop Shin Splints Forever eBook, it represents THOUSANDS of hours of research and real world experience as a personal trainer helping people get rid of shin splints, then organizing this knowledge into an easy-to-follow program that ANYONE can follow from the comfort of their own home.
And I’ll tell you something…
This eBook is the most advanced and effective program of its kind available anywhere at ANY price. You can get more info about it right here: Stop Shin Splints Forever